QuantaStor Software Defined Storage
The QuantaStor storage appliance OS is a combined SAN (iSCSI) + NAS (NFS v3 &v4) storage system OS built on top of Ubuntu Server (Linux) which works on any commodity 64bit server hardware.
QuantaStor provides a number of advanced storage system features including snapshots, compression, thin-provisioning and remote-replication which together make it ideally suited for a broad set of applications including virtual servers, virtual desktops, video production, web servers, application servers, and disk based backup.
The QuantaStor Software Defined Storage appliance platform delivers enterprise SAN (iSCSI) + NAS (NFS/CIFS) storage on the server hardware of your choice. Designed for IT generalists, QuantaStor appliances configure in minutes and are easy to operate via an intuitive HTML5 interface.
* NAS (NFS & CIFS) file storage with Active Directory integration
SAN (iSCSI) block storage with active/active multipathing for redundancy and improved performance
* Snapshots, compression, and thin-provisioning supported for network shares and storage volumes
* SSD caching for reads and writes boosts IOPS for IO intensive workloads like virtualization
* Built-in QuantaGrid technology that enables scale-out management of your appliances across datacenters from the QuantaStor Manager web interface.
* Scale-out NAS with integrated GlusterFS technology allows you to span appliances to deliver highly-available multi-petabyte NAS storage in a single namespace
* Remote-replication for replicating mission critical workloads and easy Disaster-Recovery (DR) failover to another appliance at another site/datacenter.
* Integrated hardware RAID management for efficient set-up and maintenance of underlying storage pools
* Automatic snapshot schedules that make it easy to recover deleted files from your CIFS/NFS network shares
* Multi-tenancy with Role Based Access Controls
* Integrated backup policy engine makes it easy to set up automatic backups for any CIFS/NFS share on your private network. Parallelism in the scanning and backup engine makes it possible to do backups of NAS filers with 100s of millions of files.
* NAS gateway to Cloud Storage provides a means for backing up data into object storage. All the data is encrypted, compressed and reduplicated to minimize footprint and object storage costs.
QuantaStor SDS is ideally suited for a broad set of applications including virtual servers, virtual desktops, video production, web servers, application servers, and petabyte scale disk archive/backup.
More information is available on http://www.osnexus.com/
You can read more about managing and maintaining your QuantaStor server at our wiki: