It's not always possible to upgrade QuantaStor using online repositories. There may be security risks associated with allowing an appliance to access the internet.
In a closed environment, it is possible to upgrade QuantaStor using an ISO, which can be sourced from our website. It is important to ensure that you have the latest ISO, and for the correct distribution. Before continuing, please speak with OSNEXUS Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are unsure what distribution you are using.
- Download latest QuantaStor ISO (https://www.osnexus.com/downloads)
- Copy ISO to system to /home/qadmin
- SSH to system and elevate to root (sudo -i)
- Make directory for ISO (mkdir /mnt/iso)
- Mount ISO to created directory (mount /home/qadmin/<file_name>.iso /mnt/iso -o loop)
- Comment out repository lines in /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osnexus.list
- Add 'deb file:/mnt/iso/ubuntu/ bionic main' to /etc/apt/sources.list
- Update repositories (apt-get update)
- Upgrade QuantaStor (apt-get upgrade -y)